Q-Park has launched the new ‘Tap & Go’ parking system allowing customers to enter and exit the car park by simply using your contactless card.
No longer do you need to visit the pay station before you leave the car park, you simply “Tap and Go” at entry and exit with your contactless bank card.
How does it work?
Tap and Go is widely available in locations where you see the new contactless icon. To save you time, tap or insert your contactless bank card at the entrance barrier and again as you exit. Your card will be recognised at both points.
Where can I use Tap and Go?
Tap and Go is live across London Westminster excludes Victoria, Leicester Square and Tower Bridge.
Tap and Go is available at numerous Q-Park facilities outside of London including:
- Q-Park Criterion, Q-Park St Johns Centre, Q-Park Albion - Leeds
- Q-Park Surrey Street - Croydon
- Q-Park Shambles - York
- Q-Park Durham Road - Sheffield
- Q-Park Stowell Street - Newcastle
- Q-Park Waterloo and Q-Park Candleriggs - Glasgow
- Q-Park Royal Liverpool - Liverpool
- Q-Park Victoria Square - Belfast
How secure it is?
A secure payment will be taken from the card holder after the visit. The retail amount available to spend on contactless is £30. Tap and Go accepts MasterCard or Visa credit and debit cards.
If the barrier does not lift, you may have exceeded the £30 limit. You will be required to pay the remaining amount at the pay machine.
- Simply insert your bank card into the pay machine
- The balance will be highlighted on the display
- Make payment of the remaining balance
- Tap to exit at the barrier when leaving
Tap and Go does not work in conjunction with promotional vouchers, hotel partner discounts and Q-Park Theatreland scheme.
Click here for full terms and conditions.
Need help? Just let us know.